sign up for CE course
(For Dental Professionals)
BE A VOLUNTEER DENTAL TEAM
Volunteering with Smiles and Beyond offers dental providers and their entire team a unique and long-lasting opportunity to serve their community.
Change A Smile – Change A Life!
BE THE REASON SOMEONE GETS THAT JOB WITH RENEWED CONFIDENCE!
YOU AND YOUR TEAM CAN SERVE OTHERS IN THE CONVENIENCE OF YOUR OWN OFFICE!
USE YOUR GIFTS AND TALENTS WHILE PROVIDING TRUE CONTINUITY OF CARE!
Curious About Becoming A Dental Provider for Smiles and Beyond?
FOR MORE INFORMATION SEE FAQ’S BELOW,
DOWNLOAD OUR PROVIDER VOLUNTEER BROCHURE OR
CONTACT US DIRECTLY
Will I have complete freedom to determine my Smiles’ patients treatment plan?
Yes, the program participants are well informed prior to being
assigned to a dentist that if they want to remain a Smiles’ patient, they must accept the treatment plan as presented.
What information can I share with Smiles?
As part of the program application process, all program participants sign an acknowledgement of privacy that authorizes dental offices and employees of Smiles and Beyond to communicate about their case.
Is there a certain number of required cases per year?
We ask that each volunteer office donate a minimum of one (1) case per year.
are there additional benefits to becoming a volunteer provide for smiles and beyond?
Yes, all volunteers receive acknowledgement on our website with a link to your website, social media platforms, and monthly newsletters. All patients receive a make-over and a professional portrait at the completion of their care. The ‘after’ portraits are shared with the dental team.
WHAT DOES THE PATIENT APPLICATION PROCESS ENTAIL?
- The applicant must be free from their last incarceration for no less than one year, and /or free from an abusive situation for no less than 12 consecutive months.
- Be drug-free and have not used alcohol for at least 12 consecutive previous months.
- Must be regularly attending therapy/support groups and have a support system in place.
- Have stable housing, and transportation to make all their dental appointments.
- Be working, actively looking for employment, or attending an educational program.
- Have no dental benefits or any other means to pay for dental care.
- Individuals who pass the initial screening process complete a 4-page application designed to demonstrate their level of need, as well as their commitment to completing their dental treatment plan.
- Potential program participants who submit a completed application on time are scheduled for an in-person interview at the Smiles and Beyond office.
If You Are Unable To Volunteer
If you are interested but are unable to become a Dental Provider Volunteer this year, please let us know. We would love to meet you, answer any questions, and add you to the provider list for the next year.
Please consider making a sustaining donation to support our Changing Smiles, Changing Lives Program. Use this link website Link here to give that second chance, to one of the 100 people we pledge to help this year.